- Delivery Partner
- NHS AfC: Band 9
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Bristol / Chippenham / Gloucester
- Bristol / Chippenham / Gloucester
- £79,415 - £100,431 per annum
- 25/02/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the National Health Service (NHS) in England. We set the priorities and direction of the NHS and encourage and inform the national debate to improve health and care.
We want everyone to have greater control of their health and their wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for spending this money effectively for patients and efficiently for the tax payer. A lot of the work we do involves the commissioning of health care services in England. We commission the contracts for GPs, pharmacists, and dentists and we support local health services that are led by groups of GPs called Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). CCGs plan and pay for local services such as hospitals and ambulance services.
We have devised a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View. And now, with our partners, we are delivering that vision. This vision shows that we are getting serious about prevention, identifying and delivering improvements in health care, redesigning the NHS so it continues to meet the needs of patients, ensuring the NHS is financially sustainable and engaging the public in this whole process.
We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations.
Please note, if the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area Supplement. If this post is an Executive or Senior Manager (ESM) role or Medical Leader position this supplement is not applicable.
NHS RightCare is a national NHS England supported programme that focusses on improving population healthcare in a way that contributes to the financial sustainability of the NHS. This is a key priority of NHS England’s Five Year Forward View, with delivery being driven through Regional Teams.
NHS RightCare helps to ensure the best possible care is delivered as efficiently as possible which is essential for both patients and the NHS. Ensuring people access the right care, in the right place at the right time, means more people can be treated effectively, now and in the future. Using leading edge medical evidence and practical support, NHS RightCare helps local health economies to understand how money is spent to deliver the best care in different parts of the country.
NHS RightCare actively works with every clinical commissioning group (CCG) and sustainable transformation partnership (STP) in England and comprises professionals of all backgrounds providing delivery, analytical, clinical advisory and programme management support.
NHS RightCare supports Local Health Economies to:
- Make the best use of their resources – by tackling over and under-use of these, as identified by unwarranted variation in healthcare and associated costs
- Understand their performance – by identifying variation between demographically similar populations so they can adopt and implement optimal care pathways more efficiently and effectively
- Focus on areas of greatest opportunity by identifying priority programmes which offer the best means to improve healthcare for people.
The team is expanding, with new staff coming on-board within the NHS RightCare South Regional Team to provide direct delivery support to CCGs and STPs in implementing the RightCare approach.
We are looking to appoint an additional NHS RightCare Delivery Partner, which are pivotal roles reporting at a senior level and collaborating across the NHS RightCare South Region to represent the Region at CCGs, Commissioning Support suppliers and NHS provider organisations.
As a NHS RightCare Delivery Partner, you will be an integral part of a dynamic team delivering and embedding the RightCare approach in these highly visible and influential roles. You will be guiding organisations in adopting and using the RightCare approach, enabling them to replicate good practice and reduce variations across differing health economies. The roles have been designed to enable clinical leadership within organisations to embed and provide a lasting legacy of improvement and real transformational change.
The role will require significant travel and the ability to work flexibly.
We recognise that relevant talent and experience may lie in a number of areas, so we are keen to consider applicants from across Medicine, Nursing, allied health professions, other professions and healthcare management as well as all other sectors with transferable skills and experience.
Key skills and experience include:
- Ability to demonstrate board level exposure to transformational change and partnership management, including the ability to use information and evidence to change culture and behaviours across systems and professions
- Relationship building and management, adopting a collaborative leadership style, including with the most senior levels in and across organisations.
- Effective communication, negotiation and influencing skills to enable stakeholder relationships to deliver objectives
- Previous experience of conflict management / facilitation
- Possess the technical ability to interpret data and translate for non-expert audiences.
- Outcome focussed, with an ability to deliver regardless of complexity and difficulty.
- Management of a complex and conflicting portfolio
Positions are available in the following locations:
NHS England South Region: -
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an assessment centre on 27th and 28th March 2018 in London.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
In addition, if you would like to understand more about the role, please contact Gill Bellchambers at Axon Resourcing on 01925 430 350 or email her at email@example.com