- NHS AfC: Band 4
- Fixed term 31st March 2019
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Swift House, Chelmsford
- £20,150 - £23,363 per annum
- 26/07/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
As the Primary Care Estates & Finance Administrator, the post holder will work as part of the Finance directorate, delivering an effective service supporting the whole finance team alongside the Executive Assistant with particular support for the Head of Estates (HoE).
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
The post holder will support the Head of Estates (HoE) to:
- Co-ordinate Project Initiation Documents (PiDs) and associated paperwork from stakeholders for the HoE
- Ensure all paperwork is prepared and circulated for screening group meetings
- Prepare and circulating the papers for the Capital Estates Oversight Group meetings
- Liaise with Property Services colleagues
- Liaise with project stakeholders on behalf of the HoE
- Book meeting rooms and travel for the HoE
- Monitor and flag requests from East stakeholders for estates support such as GP surgeries
- Provide admin support to the HoE for the PCIF process in terms of preparing and reviewing business cases
- Ensure estates logs are up to date and actions complete for the PCEM
- Field and direct calls for the HoE as required
- Prepare and circulate notes of meetings for PCEM and follow up actions
- Co-ordinate meetings for HoE.
Supporting the Finance Team
This postholder will support the Executive Assistant in the following tasks:
- Provide general administrative support to the wider finance team
- Provide meeting support to the finance team including coordinating and circulating papers for meetings
- Provide meeting support including setting up video conferencing, minute-taking and arranging refreshments for meetings
- Book travel using Redfern travel system in accordance with NHS England guidelines, ensuring new policies are circulated within the finance team
- Keep internal and external contact lists up to date
- Co-ordinate and track recruitment processes and IT requests, booking rooms for interviews etc. and ensuring ID for successful applicants is copied and saved in accordance to information governance policies
- Log and monitor actions from finance team meetings and ensure they are completed or brought forward as necessary
- Be available and up to speed with internal online systems such as Oracle for expenses and the PDR system
- Monitor and encourage colleagues to complete their mandatory training requirements in accordance with NHS England guidelines
- Directly support the Director of Finance in the absence of the Executive Assistant
- Ensure finance team is aware of upcoming training courses