- Emergency and Resilience
- NHS AfC: Band 8b
- Fixed Term until September 2019
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Jenner House
- £49,242 - £59,964 per annum
- 31/01/2019 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
Fixed term contract until 30th September 2019
Closing date 31st January Interview date 14th February
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an EPRR Manager to work across the South West North footprint. The post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective emergency preparedness, resilience and response (EPRR) system for the NHS across the South West North to:
- Ensure the delivery of a risk based EPRR strategy for the NHS
- Ensure integration of plans to deliver a unified NHS response to incidents and system surge
- Ensure appropriate system and processes are in place to enable the implementation and monitoring of the EPRR strategy
- Work with CCGs and providers to ensure potential impacts of proposed service / system changes are understood and resilience of the NHS to respond to an incident is maintained.
- Support NHS England in maintaining capacity and a capability to co-ordinate a regional NHS response to an incident 24/7
- Ensure the EPRR annual assurance review through the local LHRP is delivered and system improvement plans maintained and monitored
- Promote business continuity management to avoid the destabilisation of NHS services.
We are looking for someone with EPRR experience who is confident, able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders across the local resilience arena and demonstrate leadership across a fast moving agenda. The post holder will be based in Jenner House, Chippenham or Sanger House Gloucester.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further information please contact Louise Cadle Interim Head of EPRR Email email@example.com or telephone 07568431751