- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Greater Manchester
- Greater Manchester
- £40,428 - £48,514 per annum
- 25/02/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the National Health Service (NHS) in England. We set the priorities and direction of the NHS and encourage and inform the national debate to improve health and care.
We want everyone to have greater control of their health and their wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for spending this money effectively for patients and efficiently for the tax payer. A lot of the work we do involves the commissioning of health care services in England. We commission the contracts for GPs, pharmacists, and dentists and we support local health services that are led by groups of GPs called Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). CCGs plan and pay for local services such as hospitals and ambulance services.
We have devised a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View. And now, with our partners, we are delivering that vision. This vision shows that we are getting serious about prevention, identifying and delivering improvements in health care, redesigning the NHS so it continues to meet the needs of patients, ensuring the NHS is financially sustainable and engaging the public in this whole process.
We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations.
Please note, if the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area Supplement. If this post is an Executive or Senior Manager (ESM) role or Medical Leader position this supplement is not applicable.
NHS RightCare Delivery Fieldwork Support
NHS RightCare is a national NHS England supported programme that focusses on improving population healthcare in a way that contributes to the financial sustainability of the NHS. This is a key priority of NHS England’s Five Year Forward View, with delivery being driven through Regional Teams.
NHS RightCare helps to ensure the best possible care is delivered as efficiently as possible which is essential for both patients and the NHS. Ensuring people access the right care, in the right place at the right time, means more people can be treated effectively, now and in the future. Using leading edge medical evidence and practical support, NHS RightCare helps local health economies to understand how money is spent to deliver the best care in different parts of the country.
NHS RightCare actively works with every clinical commissioning group (CCG) and sustainable transformation partnership (STP) in England and comprises professionals of all backgrounds providing delivery, analytical, clinical advisory and programme management support.
NHS RightCare supports local health economies to:
- Make the best use of their resources – by tackling over and under-use of these, as identified by unwarranted variation in healthcare and associated costs
- Understand their performance – by identifying variation between demographically similar populations so they can adopt and implement optimal care pathways more efficiently and effectively
- Focus on areas of greatest opportunity by identifying priority programmes which offer the best means to improve healthcare for people.
The team is rapidly expanding, with new staff coming on-board within the NHS England North Regional Team to provide direct delivery support to CCGs and STPs in implementing the RightCare approach.
We are looking to appoint to the Greater Manchester NHS RightCare Team, focussed on supporting Greater Manchester Health & Social Care. Working as an NHS RightCare Delivery Fieldwork Support, you will provide the Greater Manchester NHS RightCare Team with dedicated logistical and commissioning guidance and support. The post holder will work closely with the regional Business Process Leads and will be directed by the Greater Manchester NHS RightCare Delivery Partner. The post holder will undertake programme/project work as required involving planning, analysis and interpretation and assessment of options on behalf of the delivery team and system implementation support.
The ideal candidate will need to have demonstrable experience in:
- Subject matter expertise across a number of key areas relating to healthcare e.g. health improvement, health economics, contracting, analytics
- Ability to negotiate on difficult and controversial issues including performance and change.
- Improvement methodology and/or programme management ideally in an NHS setting.
- Must be able to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive or contentious information, negotiate with senior stakeholders on difficult and controversial issues, and present complex and sensitive information to large and influential groups
- Ability to prioritise and manage competing demands, ensuring deadlines are met and utilising resources as necessary with excellent attention to detail.
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to cope with uncertainty and change.
- Excellent communication at varied levels with outstanding interpersonal skills.
Frequent travel is required across the NHS RightCare North Region as well as occasional travel to London and nationally for training and events.
The base for this role will be NHS RightCare - Greater Manchester.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview, which will include an assessment task, during week commencing 19th March 2018.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you would like to understand more about the role, please contact Kevin Round at Axon Resourcing on 01925 430 350 or email him at email@example.com