- Primary Care Commissioning
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich, Suffolk
- £31,696 - £41,787 per annum
- 03/06/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care.
We want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, commissioning the contracts for GPs, pharmacists, and dentists and we support local health services that are led by groups of GPs called Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View. This vision shows that we are getting serious about prevention, identifying and delivering improvements in health care, redesigning the NHS so it continues to meet the needs of patients, ensuring the NHS is financially sustainable and engaging the public in this whole process.
We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations.
Please note, if the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area Supplement. If this post is an Executive or Senior Manager (ESM) role or Medical Leader position this supplement is not applicable. If you are taking up this post on a part time basis, your salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
As an NHS England Primary Care Commissioning Officer, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective primary care commissioning service within the Suffolk & North East Essex Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) area.
The post holder will:
- Support the management of primary care GP contracts commissioned by NHS England Midlands and East (East)
- Manage primary care projects for the Suffolk & North East Essex STP area and across the wider East region as required
- Work alongside GP Practices, CCG staff, NHS England colleagues, and other stakeholders, to support the continuous improvement of primary care in the area
- Be driven by making a positive difference to patient care
- Be well organised; positive; an excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills; and able to solve problems independently and with colleagues
- Be responsible for the development and production of reports to support commissioning decisions, capacity planning and the ongoing monitoring of contracts
- Play a key role in the interpretation and assimilation of complex guidance, information and data relating to primary care activity and relevant legislation
- Have a flexible approach to their work and meet the needs of the role and the team
- Be required to attend a range of meetings/events across the Suffolk & North East Essex STP area; and on occasions, across the wider East region as required
- Support staff development
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Be based at Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2BX (Headquarters of Ipswich and East Suffolk CCG)
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).