- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Leeds Quarry House
- £23,023 - £29,608 per annum
- 21/02/2019 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in OIC for the post of Business Support Officer within the Central Analytical team.
The post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across NHS England. Analytical work of the Directorate supports the full breadth of NHS services commissioned, and includes both on-going provision of information and analysis and project work as well as driving improvement in data quality. The post holder will play a key part in supporting these activities.
The post holder will:
- Be responsible for managing and maintaining the smooth running of the Director’s (or other designated senior manager) diary using independent judgement to prioritise work schedules in accordance with changing priorities, and liaising and negotiating with all relevant parties in an efficient and effective manner.
- To ensure that incoming mail and calls are dealt with or appropriately redirected and to forward items requiring input from others that cannot be otherwise dealt with, indicating clearly any deadlines or instructions as necessary to facilitate speedy resolution and prioritisation.
- Provide high quality service and administrative support to an Operational Information for Commissioning Directorate;
- Be proficient in planning and prioritisation techniques, to be able to support senior management effectively and to maintain and develop systems to enable effective planning of work across the team;
- Assist in the planning of workload for senior management;
- Possess developed communication skills to be able to work effectively with people with different perspectives and to get the most out of business relationships;
- Support teams in communicating clearly and efficiently with a range of organisations and individuals, to ensure business demands can be met effectively;
- Be able to find ways of bringing together data and information from different sources and present findings clearly to a range of audiences;
- Possess excellent organisational skills with experience of planning and managing corporate meetings and events;
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Lucy Firth, OIC Business Manager