- Administrative and clerical
- NHS AfC: Band 3
- Fixed Term Contract until 31/10/2019
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Quarry House
- £17,787 - £20,448 per annum
- 21/11/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
Administrative Assistant (Apprentice) Quality Surveillance Team, Specialised Commissioning
The Nursing and Quality Assurance Team (including the Quality Surveillance Team (QST)) sits within the National Specialised Commissioning Directorate of NHS England.
The delivery of high quality care relies on a complex set of interconnected roles, responsibilities and relationships between professionals, provider organisations, commissioners, system and professional regulators and other national bodies including the Department of Health.
The role of the Nursing and Quality Assurance Team is to improve the quality and outcomes of clinical services by delivering a sustainable and embedded quality assurance framework for all specialised commissioned services and all cancer services within NHS England.
This is delivered through the Quality Assurance and Improvement Framework (Quality First in Specialised Commissioning (QAIF).
As an Apprentice Administrative Assistant you will be given the opportunity to work with NHS colleagues and develop existing skills such as:
- To arrange meetings including room bookings, the preparation and circulation of agendas.
- To prepare documents using typing skills and a variety of software packages.
- To support handling travel and accommodation bookings and providing information and copies of documentation as requested.
- To act, in the absence of other members of the team, within defined parameters of delegated responsibility, to progress matters or seek guidance from other members of senior management.
- To support the team prioritise work in accordance with changing priorities and liaising with all relevant parties in an efficient and effective manner ensuring the team has a consistent and highly professional administrative processes and systems.
- To perform other duties commensurate with grading, as required.
We look forward to receiving applications.
The salary for this role will be £15,336 per annum. This salary is adjusted in accordance with Annex 21 of the Agenda for Change terms and conditions of service handbook.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Enquiries please contact email@example.com or Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org