- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Fixed Term to 31/03/2019
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- £26,565 - £35,577 per annum
- 24/01/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the National Health Service (NHS) in England. We set the priorities and direction of the NHS and encourage and inform the national debate to improve health and care.
We want everyone to have greater control of their health and their wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for spending this money effectively for patients and efficiently for the tax payer. A lot of the work we do involves the commissioning of health care services in England. We commission the contracts for GPs, pharmacists, and dentists and we support local health services that are led by groups of GPs called Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). CCGs plan and pay for local services such as hospitals and ambulance services.
We have devised a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View. And now, with our partners, we are delivering that vision. This vision shows that we are getting serious about prevention, identifying and delivering improvements in health care, redesigning the NHS so it continues to meet the needs of patients, ensuring the NHS is financially sustainable and engaging the public in this whole process.
We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations.
Please note, if the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area Supplement. If this post is an Executive or Senior Manager (ESM) role or Medical Leader position this supplement is not applicable.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Data Services for Commissioners team as a Data Support Officer, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service, supporting managers and staff across the data, reporting and intelligence Sector/Area to provide the foundation work necessary to enable NHS England and CCGs to access robust data, reporting and intelligence to support commissioning.
For further details please contact Sarah Blundell Sarahblundell@nhs.net
In particular the post holder will:
• Support the transition of new DataFlows from preparation of onboarding data, coordinating between project teams and wider analytical teams within NHS England;
• Support delivery teams within DSfC to ensure that the portfolio of tasks/projects is planned, managed and delivered effectively.
• Develop expertise in the development of data definitions, the gathering of requirements from tNR clients, and coordinating the development of data marts;
• Ensure accurate and open communication and co-ordination with a range of organisations and individuals, researching and drafting correspondence and papers and ensuring the management of specific tasks, reporting and analysis across a range of specialties, functions and projects;
• Be a key member of the team as well as supporting effective communication and stakeholder management, both internally and externally;
• Support service delivery in development, both old and new, working to implement industry-wide best practice in all aspects of work;
• Contribute towards innovation exercises that fellow members of staff may initiate;
The post holder will be a key member of the team whose overarching goal is to enable, promote and support the effective use of data, information, knowledge and technology to improve, inform and support a portfolio of projects, services, and initiatives.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact