- Data Warehouse development
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Fixed term until 30/09/2019
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Quarry House Leeds
- £28,050 - £36,644 per annum
- 25/02/2019 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
As an application development officer, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across Data Services to enable NHS England, and CCGs, to access robust data, reporting and intelligence to support commissioning.
In particular the post holder will:
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and T-SQL
- Be a subject matter expert for data warehouse development, deploying the most suitable technology
- Maintain currency of knowledge on the technical architecture and development methodologies of the team
- Support service delivery in development, both old and new, working to implement industry-wide best practice in all aspects of work
- Have comprehensive knowledge of data which supports NHS England and CCG commissioning
- Understand the NHS intelligence landscape, including: NHS data, data flows & quality, commissioning, performance, data management, data reporting and presentation, contract management processes, information governance, information strategy and operational data policies and guidance
- Be highly numerate, with experience and understanding of processing large datasets and applying a wide variety of analytical techniques, to provide robust benchmarking and intelligence
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Nathan Abbotts - email@example.com