- Finance / Projects
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Fixed term contract to 31 March 2021
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Quarry House, Leeds
- £33,222 - £43,041 per annum
- 18/11/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
As the Accountant in the Project Management Office Team, the post holder will provide senior level project management support and work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across the Financial Control directorate and to provide project support for multiple key projects to be delivered during the contract period.
This is an exciting development opportunity to work in a fast paced environment and gain experience of interacting with stakeholders at all levels.
In particular the post holder will:
- Manage the day to day tasks of the team.
- Support the PMO Office Support team member to review and produce project plans in line with project deliverables.
- Provide support to the Project Management Office Lead and the Systems Finance Manager in relation to the Integrated Single Financial Environment re-procurement.
- Provide support to the Project Management Office Lead and the Systems Finance Manager in relation to the Region and Regional Local Office restructure.
- Monitor and engage with Financial directorate colleagues to ensure all open audit actions are closed within the timescales set.
- Produce a draft monthly report on the movement of Financial directorate internal audit actions for distribution to Chief Financial Officer and National Director of Finance, Commercial and Specialised Commissioning Group.
The post holder will support the Head of Department and their team to ensure that their work stream of programmes are planned and managed effectively and take the lead in assisting in their successful delivery:
- Manage the Team’s business support function, including developing and managing the team’s business plan, progress and reporting risk and issue management.
- Manage the project support to ensure the delivery of the statutory accounts at month 9 and month 12 to a high quality within agreed timescales.
- Liaise with appropriate functions within NHS England, CCGs and CSUs at all levels.
- Working with the PMO Lead and the Systems Finance Manager to ensure the Regions and Regional local offices are fully supported in line with the published guidance to deliver the system reconfiguration.
- Work jointly with the Consolidation and Reporting regional restructure lead and System Finance Manager to ensure the local Regional PMO project plan is in line with the published guidance and timescales agreed are achievable for all parties including third party organisations.
- Take a lead in the coordination of training & development and recruitment activity across the Team.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact