- Learning Disability Network Manager
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Fixed Term until March 2019
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Quarry House
- £28,050 - £36,644 per annum
- 24/07/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
The Public Participation team at NHS England is looking for a Learning Disability and Autism Network manager to join their team. The team is passionate about the rights of people with a learning disability, autism or both and we want to make sure those voices are strong within NHS England.
The post holder will be part of a team of co-workers, including two experts by experience. Co-working is where people with a learning disability, autism or both share a job with people who do not have a learning disability, with complementary skills, strengths and experiences.
As part of the team of Learning Disability and Autism Network Managers the post-holder will:
- Develop the NHS England Learning Disability and Autism Forum- a network of people with a learning disability, autism or both and family carers and supporting organisations. The network aims to ensure that NHS England hears and acts on the views of people with Learning Disabilities and their families and carers.
- Develop the NHS England Learning Disability and Autism Advisory Group, which is a team of 15 experts by experience who work in partnership with NHS England to help us shape solutions around learning disability and autism and advise NHS England, from the viewpoint of service users and the public
- Co-produce accessible information about the work of NHS England, including an easy read newsletter, plain English email updates, social media, presentations and video blogs.
- Co-run meetings and events for people with a learning disability, autism or both NHS England is doing and support colleagues at NHS England to take a rights-based approach to their own work.
The role is offered as a fixed term contract from 1st October 2018 to 31st March 2019. This may be extended.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Please contact: Jo Whaley 07860178038 or firstname.lastname@example.org