- Programme, director, IMAS
- NHS AfC: Band 8d
- Secondment or Fixed Term (31st March 2019)
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Leeds - Quarry House
- £70,206 - £85,333 per annum
- 22/11/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
As Programme Director, the post holder will contribute to the NHS’ strategic objectives, supporting NHS organisations to deliver efficient, effective patient-centred care as well as being responsible for supporting the delivery of medium and short term interim management and consultancy support to the NHS in England.
NHS Interim Management and Support (NHS IMAS) offers NHS organisations that need short or medium term support the means to access the management expertise that exists throughout the NHS.
The NHS IMAS Programme maintains an external focus, leading on interim management and consultancy support. This ranges from developing and implementing support solutions and interventions to providing interim senior Directors and Managers.
The post holder will develop effective strategy and operational policies for promoting innovation across the NHS. Working closely with colleagues across the sector, ensuring coherent strategy and will:
- Drive the strategy for, supporting and ensuring alignment across the system
- Drive reform and support organisational change and uptake of initiatives that support excellence
- Develop and communicate the vision for the role of innovation, and the development of strategy and operational policies to support this vision
- Engage with key strategic regional and national policy makers to inform development of strategy and policies
- Support development by developing the innovation infrastructure and capacity in organisations
- Develop and champion new initiatives or projects as necessary
- Working with providers and clinical experts to design new training products
- Provide expertise of best practice methodologies regulatory requirements, policy imperatives, innovation and technological developments and stakeholders knowledge.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Karen Beech - Karen.email@example.com