- This post is only open to internal applicants.
- Public Engagement
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- £33,222 - £43,041 per annum
- 24/02/2019 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
The Public Participation team has responsibility for supporting public involvement in the work of NHS England and providing guidance on involvement for the wider NHS.
The team works to ensure that meaningful engagement with patients and communities occurs at every level of NHS commissioning, policymaking, service design and delivery. It has an extensive and diverse programme of work to ensure that patients and the public are engaged in the work of NHS England.
It delivers a wide range of approaches to support, upskill and empower colleagues in engagement approaches, and strives to ensure that patient and public engagement is part of NHS England’s core culture.
As Patient and Public Partnerships Project Manager, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team to support colleagues across NHS England to engage patients and the public.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Working proactively with team members, other NHS England staff, external organisations and on their own initiative, to develop and support programmes to embed patient and public participation in the work of NHS England.
- Supporting colleagues in the Public Participation Team in developing and supporting patient and public networks, including taking a lead for the development and support of some specific identified networks.
- Providing project management support to a number of projects, including those which drive the Public Participation Team’s strategic transformation programme.
- Supporting statutory assurance and assessment processes relating to engagement within Clinical Commissioning Groups.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).