- Senior Accountant
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Quarry House
- £33,222-£43,041 per annum
- 22/07/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
Applications on a secondment basis will also be considered.
As a Senior Accountant – Financial Accounting & Services, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across the Finance Department in the management and reporting of Continuing Health Care and support the cash management function.
The post holder will support the Head of Department and their team to ensure that their work stream of programmes is planned and managed effectively and take the lead in assisting in their successful delivery:
- Manage the team’s business support function, including developing and managing the team’s business plan, progress and reporting risk and issue management.
- Liaise with appropriate functions within the organisation and the sector.
- Manage all corporate business returns, including planning and workforce returns.
- Develop and implement a content management system to ensure information is properly managed and best practice is shared across the team, Directorate and the wider NHS organisation.
- Take a lead in the coordination of training & development and recruitment activity across the team.
- Oversight and management of all aspects of the team budgets.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact