- Programme Management
- NHS AfC: Band 8c
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Quarry House
- £61,777 - £72,597 per annum
- 26/08/2019 23:59
NHS England and NHS Improvement came together on 1 April 2019 as a new single organisation. The NHS Long Term Plan focuses on delivering integrated care to patients at the local level and we can best support the NHS to deliver this as a single integrated organisation.
Our new operating model represents a strong shift to regional delivery supported by expert corporate teams. Local health systems are supported by our integrated regional teams who play a major leadership role in the geographies they manage.
We are jointly committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
NHS England and NHS Improvement
Change and Programme Delivery Team – Transformation and Corporate Development Directorate
Note: This is an internal vacancy which is open exclusively to members of staff within NHS England and NHS Improvement. Where candidates have been assigned the “at risk” status this will be indicated automatically on TRAC.
Band 8c – 1 x Senior Programme Manager
Location: Leeds only
Imagine being able to work on a variety of different assignments lasting 3-6 months that enable you to experience how other parts of NHS England and NHS Improvement’s work. Our Senior Programme Manager positions are ideal for candidates who thrive on being flexible, are problem solvers and enjoy working on diverse, complex and challenging initiatives. If you are seeking an opportunity to hone your project management skills on a range of assignments to support some of the organisation’s priority programmes and projects, then this opportunity is for you.
In exchange for your skills, expertise and ability to make an immediate and positive impact on the projects/programmes you will be assigned; we will provide you with a supportive home team which is committed to developing its staff and offering career progression within the organisation.
We are eager to hear from you if believe you can thrive in this environment - we strongly encourage candidates to get in touch to learn more about our C&PD team and the work we do.
Ideally you should possess a relevant programme and/or project management qualification (or equivalent experience), as subject matter expertise in this area is a fundamental part of this role. If you would like to know more about the type of experience we consider equivalent please contact us before submitting your application.
The Role and Your Experience
As a Senior Programme Manager within the Change and Programme Delivery team (C&PD), you will work as part of a dynamic team in providing an effective flexible service to support teams from across NHS England and NHS Improvement in their work to deliver the NHS Five Year Forward View and Long-Term Plan.
- possess expert level knowledge of project and programme management methodology, acquired either through possession of a recognised qualification in this area or through work based experience
- support an assigned programme team in a leadership role and work to resolve critical gaps/issues and facilitating senior stakeholders (across NHS England and NHS Improvement, health bodies, government departments, and other organisations) to ensure that programmes are planned and managed effectively
- be confident in leading and developing communication with customers and stakeholders on complex matters, issues and ideas and/or in complex situations
- be able to develop long-term strategies to resolve broad issues or to grasp opportunities, creating new concepts and approaches to address major challenges to move work forward and/or resolve risk
- have the ability to work autonomously, to tight deadlines and have excellent communication and analytical skills
- manage a number of staff within a matrix management arrangement in support of the Heads of Programme Delivery
- contribute to the C&PD Senior Programme Manager and Leadership Group forums.
Having strong core project and programme management skills is a must, but we also want to recruit experienced professionals with a wide range of competencies and backgrounds. Therefore, additional skills or experience in any of the following areas would also be beneficial:
- Health and social care policy, strategy and/or data analysis/research
- Social media support, web and branding design/development
- Event, workshop and conference management/facilitation experience
- Benefits management and realisation analysis
- Commercial or procurement experience
- Business case development and financial modelling.
The post holder will be part of a great team with staff based in London and Leeds. We provide significant opportunities for professional development as well as opportunities to contribute to the development of our team and service model.
The team acts as a flexible pool of resources that provide dedicated support, advice and expertise in programme management, delivery and mobilisation, organisational change and other areas. By providing these resources and expertise internally, we optimise the use of skills and retain talent currently within the organisation whilst reducing spend on external contractors. Our team members work and thrive in a dynamic, matrix-style team environment and enjoy solving complex health and care problems.
As a team, we have a passion for developing our staff and you will get the opportunity to contribute to broader initiatives such as our Peer Learning, Health and Wellbeing and Organisational Development groups, as well as our activities to support volunteering and local community initiatives.
We are keen to hear from candidates who are passionate about transformation and want to make a meaningful impact on the wider NHS and the people who use its services.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further information regarding this role please contact Cath Sockett by email on email@example.com or call 0113 8250909