- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Quarry House or Skipton House
- Leeds or London
- £42,414 - £49,969 per annum
- 24/10/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
As the Planning Manager you will have the primary day-to-day responsibility for:
- Be the key point of contact for all issues related to the Programme Plan (across all project phases, including Integration and Transition)
- Work collaboratively with NHS Digital Project Managers to design, schedule and track delivery timeline of all related projects across a highly complex set of domains and programmes.
- Report to Planning, Reporting and Risk Lead any key milestones that must be met or changes to any of the related project schedules, for their incorporation into the Paperless 2020 Integrated Programme Plan.
- Ensures cross dependency links are in place for all programmes with owners and integrated plan linkages.
- Supporting the Planning, Reporting and Risk Lead and working with key stakeholders to ensure a holistic approach to planning and dependency management is in place.
- Adapting planning needs and requirements based on the evolving needs of the programme.
- Responsible for the creation and analyse of highly complex programme and portfolio plans
- Work with stakeholders across the portfolio to undertake horizon scanning and where necessary to support the onboarding of emergent items onto the portfolio
- Work closely with benefits colleagues to link plans to outcomes and support the successful achievement of benefits for patients and clinicians
- Oversee the identification and management of dependencies down to milestones level
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact