- NHS AfC: Band 9
- Fixed Term until 31 March 2020
- Full Term 37.5 hours per week
- Skipton House / Quarry House
- Leeds / London
- 89,537 - 103,860 per annum
- Today at 23:59
NHS England and NHS Improvement came together on 1 April 2019 as a new single organisation. The NHS Long Term Plan focuses on delivering integrated care to patients at the local level and we can best support the NHS to deliver this as a single integrated organisation.
Our new operating model represents a strong shift to regional delivery supported by expert corporate teams. Local health systems are supported by our integrated regional teams who play a major leadership role in the geographies they manage.
We are jointly committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
We have an exciting opportunity to appoint a Deputy Director within the Primary Care Strategy and NHS Contracts team, within the Strategy and Innovation Unit.
The Primary Care Strategy and NHS Contracts Group leads the development of contractual arrangements across the NHS that help deliver against the Long Term Plan for the NHS. This includes:
- Maintenance and development of the contractual arrangements used to buy the majority of NHS acute, community and mental health care – the NHS Standard Contract
- The development of integrated contracting models, principally the new Integrated Care Provider (ICP) contract
- The national GP contract and associated strategy for the future of primary medical service delivery
- The national Community Pharmacy contract and the central function that oversees pharmacy commissioning
- Incentive schemes such as the Quality Premium, CQUIN, GP Quality and Outcomes Framework and the Community Pharmacy Quality Payments Scheme.
There are six sub-teams within the Primary Care Strategy and NHS Contracts team:
- Integration and Contracting
- GP Contract and Implementation
- Digital, Incentives and Access
- Primary Care Networks
- Community Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Commissioning
- Programme and Business Management
These sub-teams will work closely with each other to ensure that policy development and support to lead sites meets the deliverables set out in the Long Term Plan (LTP) and enables local implementation timetables.
As Deputy Director for the GP Contact and Implementation unit, the post holder post holder will play a multi-faceted role delivering large and complex programmes of work. The role will involve overseeing staff to deliver this programme of work aligned to the overall objectives of the Strategy & Innovation Directorate.
The post holder will work closely with the other Deputy Directors in the Primary Care Strategy and NHS Contracts Group and teams leading on primary care delivery across NHSE/I to ensure that work is aligned to the overall strategy and delivered to agreed timescales.
The portfolio is a flexible one, subject to change over time to align with the needs of the organisation. This job description will therefore allow full flexibility for the post holder to lead priority projects across the directorate.
Please note that the reason for the fixed term of this contract is to cover a secondment. The temporary contract will therefore, terminate on 31 March 2020 to allow the substantive postholder to resume the duties of their substantive post.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
please contact Ed Waller on firstname.lastname@example.org