- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Fixed Term until 31 March 2020
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Skipton House
- £42,414 - £49,969 per annum
- 21/02/2019 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
This is a new post being set up to support the development of the Establishing Steady State Commissioning programme
Project Manager (Operations) will report to the Programme Manager leading on Operations and will form part of a dynamic team working across mental health and Specialised Commissioning teams, responsible for directing and overseeing the system that supports the delivery of collaborative mental health services.
This role will lead on contracting, financial and data arrangements, effectively problem solving complex issues. It will require an in-depth understanding of these areas and an ability to work and gather insights from data.
This is a challenging role and there is a real opportunity for the post-holder to shape and influence the delivery of the programme by working with colleagues to provide support to areas of finance, data and other key functions. The main roles of this post are to
- Support the delivery of the programme and the development of effective infrastructure
- Link across existing pilots and other teams to identify solutions and develop sustainable long-term infrastructure based on learning from the pilot programme and other areas across the health economy
- Support existing and prospective pilot sites and regional teams in undertaking data cleansing and finance processing
- Co-ordinate the input to development of the contracting, financial and data models and support related engagement
- Work with senior staff owning specific items of work, in order to facilitate strategic oversight
- Act as the interface with technical staff and the ESSC programme –understanding the approach to implementation and keeping in line with strategic priorities
- Work on other tasks as required within the New Care Model or ESSC programmes
The main personal attributes required for this role are listed below:
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to understand complex areas quickly
- Problem-solving skills, and an ability to reach creative solutions to difficult challenges
- Exceptional organisational skills and reliability to organise complex programmes of work and deliver in time
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and a focus on supporting the portfolio of work of the whole team
- Strong interest in healthcare and mental health, and a desire to develop an expertise in this area
- ‘Can do’ attitude with an ability to remain positive and constructive even in challenging environment
- Desire to develop oneself and develop new skills
- Ability and willingness perform administrative tasks well and efficiently, as well as more strategic pieces of work
- Experience managing relationships at all levels
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact