- This post is only open to internal applicants.
- NHS AfC: Band 8c
- Fixed Term Contract / Secondment for 12 months
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- £59,090 - £71,243 per annum
- 20/08/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
As a Senior Strategic Media Manager, the post holder will lead a team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across NHS England. They will manage, protect and enhance the reputation of the organisation and the wider commissioning system by getting coherent messages out through the media.
With two direct reports, they will be responsible for leading all forward planning activities, developing and maintaining all strategic planning tools as necessary. They will help to directly prepare for some media opportunities, in partnership with the rest of the media team, developing materials as appropriate. They will also be responsible for evaluation and measurement of media activity. They will support Leeds-based staff with broadcast interviews as necessary.
The post holder must liaise with internal and external colleagues to ensure all announcements, publications, conferences and similar events are coordinated and timed for maximum impact and added value for our audiences. This will include liaison with the Department of Health and No.10.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Managing the team’s business support function, including developing and managing the team’s annual business plan, progress and dashboard reporting and risk and issue management.
- Manage all necessary business returns, including planning and workforce returns.
- Develop and implement systems to ensure information is properly managed and best practice is shared across the team, Directorate and the wider NHS organisations as appropriate.
- Take a lead in the coordination of training and development and recruitment activity across the Department or Directorate.
- Oversight and management of all aspects of the Department or Directorate budgets.
Please note interviews will be held on Wednesday 29th August 2018.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Anna MacArthur - email@example.com