- Patient Engagement
- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Fixed Term until 31/3/2019
- Full Time
- NHS England, Skipton House, London
- £40,428 to £48,514 per annum
- 28/01/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the National Health Service (NHS) in England. We set the priorities and direction of the NHS and encourage and inform the national debate to improve health and care.
We want everyone to have greater control of their health and their wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for spending this money effectively for patients and efficiently for the tax payer. A lot of the work we do involves the commissioning of health care services in England. We commission the contracts for GPs, pharmacists, and dentists and we support local health services that are led by groups of GPs called Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). CCGs plan and pay for local services such as hospitals and ambulance services.
We have devised a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View. And now, with our partners, we are delivering that vision. This vision shows that we are getting serious about prevention, identifying and delivering improvements in health care, redesigning the NHS so it continues to meet the needs of patients, ensuring the NHS is financially sustainable and engaging the public in this whole process.
We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations.
Please note, if the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area Supplement. If this post is an Executive or Senior Manager (ESM) role or Medical Leader position this supplement is not applicable.
As public and patient engagement manager the postholder will work with both the Commissioning, Provision and Accountability (CPA) workstream, and the policy and engagement team to deliver public and patient engagement at a national level and across Cancer Alliances.
The public and patient engagement manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead engagement on behalf of the National Cancer Programme, co-ordinating with public and patient engagement colleagues across Cancer Alliances;
- Map existing public and patient engagement capacity, expertise and approaches across Cancer Alliances and the National Programme
- Scope the need for development, support and training for colleagues nationally and within Cancer Alliances
- Develop and get agreement for a sustainable and strategic approach to building capacity and capability on patient and public engagement nationally and within Cancer Alliances
- Develop any additional structures and approaches required to ensure that meaningful patient engagement is embedded in the work of the National Programme and of Cancer Alliances
- Work collaboratively with senior stakeholders, both internally and externally, to deliver projects in a way that meets the needs of the Cancer Programme and its stakeholders
- Engage with stakeholders, commissioners, clinicians, people with cancer and policy makers to ensure timely and effective delivery of projects
- Work collaboratively with the wider Cancer Programme team and support work assigned to the team
- There is the opportunity to develop and manage staff as part of the role and to contribute to recruitment activity across the Directorate.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact