- Pharmacy Technician
- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Secondment 10 October 2018 - 31 March 2019
- Part time 30 hours per week
- £42,414 - £49,969 per annum pro rata
- 02/09/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
The post holder will support the Head of Pharmacy Integration and their team to ensure that their work stream of programmes are planned and managed effectively and take a lead in assisting in their successful delivery:
As a Pharmacy Technician: Medicines Optimisation in Care Homes the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across the MOCH programme team and the wider Pharmacy Integration team to deliver pharmacy integration across healthcare, especially in the care home sector, with a focus on involvement of pharmacy technicians. They will do this by:
- Identifying and building opportunities for pharmacy technicians to benefit from the Pharmacy Integration Fund
- Acting as a champion for pharmacy technicians leading the professional network of pharmacy technicians
- Managing the transfer and use of care home and medicines optimisation data from the NHS BSA
- Preparing reports using the data to update on progress
- Presenting reports to the Pharmacy Integration Oversight Group (PIOG)
- Identifying areas of concern and helping to develop solutions
- Liaising with the evaluation team to ensure a robust evaluation strategy
- Contributing to the development and delivery of related pharmacy integration projects in other sectors
- Taking a lead in developing the pharmacy technician workforce development programmes supported by the wider PhIF programme working with Health Education England
The role supports the business in driving transformation as well as value for money in planning, commissioning and service. The role is designed to build a combination of subject matter expertise and technical skills to develop a strong service delivery.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Dr Wasim Baqir
National Pharmacy Lead (Care Homes)