- Specialised Commissioning
- NHS AfC: Band 8c
- Fixed Term until 31 March 2019
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Skipton House
- £56,665 - £69,168 per annum
- 28/06/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
The post holder will provide professional expertise in the development and delivery of effective strategies and management processes ensuring alignment with the activity of the organisation in the Women & Children Programme of Care team.
The post holder will directly support the National Senior Programme of Care Manager and lead clinical advisors in the determination and delivery of key commissioning priorities established within the annual work plan, to include:
• National service reviews
• National or regional service, drug or device based procurements
• Clinical commissioning policy development
• Service specification development
• Development and publication of quality dashboards
• Currency and tariff development
• Development and delivery of Commissioning for Value (QIPP) schemes
• Review and development of CQUIN schemes
• Supporting local specialised commissioning teams to secure and deliver national policy and service standards
• Development and progression of business cases to secure programme funding in support of key programme initiatives
• Collaborative commissioning approaches
• Drafting and presentation of key reports for key governance meetings including the Programme of Care Board, Clinical Panel and Clinical Priorities Advisory Group
• Provide subject matter expertise towards the development of best practice methodologies, policies and strategies.
This is a Fixed Term contract until 31st March 2019
Interview dates: 16th and 23rd July 2018
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Anthony Prudhoe - email@example.com - Senior Programme of Care Manager (Women & Children)