- Transformation and delivery
- Executives / VSM: Executives / VSM
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- £131,300 per annum
- 26/04/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the National Health Service (NHS) in England. We set the priorities and direction of the NHS and encourage and inform the national debate to improve health and care.
We want everyone to have greater control of their health and their wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for spending this money effectively for patients and efficiently for the tax payer. A lot of the work we do involves the commissioning of health care services in England. We commission the contracts for GPs, pharmacists, and dentists and we support local health services that are led by groups of GPs called Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). CCGs plan and pay for local services such as hospitals and ambulance services.
We have devised a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View. And now, with our partners, we are delivering that vision. This vision shows that we are getting serious about prevention, identifying and delivering improvements in health care, redesigning the NHS so it continues to meet the needs of patients, ensuring the NHS is financially sustainable and engaging the public in this whole process.
We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations.
Please note, if the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area Supplement. If this post is an Executive or Senior Manager (ESM) role or Medical Leader position this supplement is not applicable.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The role’s key purpose is to:
- Be a key member of the national specialised commissioning team, leading the strategic implementation of NHS England’s priorities for specialised services in collaboration with regional directors
- Drive regional delivery of major service change programmes, supported by a dedicated delivery team
- Transform then lead the specialised commissioning delivery and performance assurance infrastructure to ensure a clear line of sight from regional commissioners to the chief executive
- Lead the strategic delivery of place-based commissioning and drive integration between STPs, CCGs and regional commissioners
- Support and challenge regional commissioners to focus on and deliver NHS England’s clinical priorities and Five Year Forward View commitments
- Lead the team responsible for service transformation and take responsibility for the translation of national policies into high quality, effective, efficient and integrated local services
- Lead national aspects of business planning and performance management on behalf of specialised commissioning.
Lead the development and delivery of efficient specialised services that deliver value for money
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Laura Norris- email@example.com