- NHS AfC: Band 8c
- Fixed term for 12 months
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Skipton House
- £56,665 - £69,168 per annum.
- 03/06/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care.
We want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, commissioning the contracts for GPs, pharmacists, and dentists and we support local health services that are led by groups of GPs called Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View. This vision shows that we are getting serious about prevention, identifying and delivering improvements in health care, redesigning the NHS so it continues to meet the needs of patients, ensuring the NHS is financially sustainable and engaging the public in this whole process.
We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations.
Please note, if the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area Supplement. If this post is an Executive or Senior Manager (ESM) role or Medical Leader position this supplement is not applicable. If you are taking up this post on a part time basis, your salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join the Service Transformation team within Specialised Commissioning. We are looking for a candidate who has a strong academic background from a 'top 20 university' and who has demonstrable experience of leading service change in the NHS.
As a Service Review Programme Manager the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a large scale service transformation in specialised commissioning.
The purpose of the role is to successfully lead and co-ordinate the delivery of specific national work streams of our service transformation work.
As Service Review Programme Manager, the post-holder will:
- Lead the team to reconfigure specialised clinical services
- Plan, manage and report on service review specific programme finances
- Build strong relationships with regional teams
- Ensure the work aligns to STP priorities
- Understand, co-ordinate and critically appraise financial analysis and plans relating to specialised clinical services
- Understand, co-ordinate and critically appraise demand and capacity analysis relating to specialised clinical services
- Integrate service business change into existing commissioning systems
- Ensure healthcare planning takes place to ensure the best outcome for patients
- Follow appropriate public sector procurement standards and procurement law
- Develop, maintain and communicate detailed and accurate plans for complex transformational change across broad stakeholder base
- Produce high quality reports and gateway documentation, communicating across all levels and multiple organisations
- Co-ordinate engagement activity suitable to diverse and complex stakeholders and stakeholder groups
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).