- Executives / VSM: Executives / VSM
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- £90,900 per annum
- 27/08/2019 23:59
NHS England and NHS Improvement came together on 1 April 2019 as a new single organisation. The NHS Long Term Plan focuses on delivering integrated care to patients at the local level and we can best support the NHS to deliver this as a single integrated organisation.
Our new operating model represents a strong shift to regional delivery supported by expert corporate teams. Local health systems are supported by our integrated regional teams who play a major leadership role in the geographies they manage.
We are jointly committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
The seven integrated regions of our joint enterprise will work with local systems to support and improve how care is provided to patients and communities. These regions will be supported by the corporate centre providing expertise and developing policy. The focus will be on guiding and managing the delivery of services through local integrated health systems, sustainability and transformation partnerships, and devolution areas.
This post is a clinical post that can be filled by a candidate with a nursing qualification and current registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate and as Director of Nursing Leadership and Quality, the post holder will be expected to use expert knowledge of quality care combined with a robust knowledge of the health and care service.
Working in collaboration with relevant colleagues, they will take the regional leadership responsibility in one or more areas in the delivery of the Long-Term Plan. It is proposed the role will lead on areas of the South East Regional ((Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire, Thames Valley and the Isle of Wight) Business priorities and the following areas:
- Quality; inclusive of clinical effectiveness (in conjunction with clinical colleagues in nursing and medical)
- Continuing Health Care (in conjunction with South West teams)
- Infection Prevention and Control
The post holder will play a key role in:
- Managing the overarching quality framework within the region and ensure that Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs) / Integrated Care Systems (ICSs), including constituent organisations, have a clear and consistent focus on quality.
- Providing clinical leadership to the regional STPs and ICSs and will work with HR and OD and HEE colleagues to develop and deliver the workforce education plan across the regional STPs and ICSs, to support the delivery of transformation work streams and priorities.
The post holder, as a member of the senior clinical team, will support the South East Region Chief Nurse to deliver the objectives of the region.
The post holder will act in accordance with the statutory and regulatory frameworks of NHS Improvement and NHS England.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have a like to have an informal discussion;
- With the appointing line manager please contact Duncan Burton, In-coming Regional Chief Nurse on 07789396675 or email: email@example.com
- Regarding the job purpose and background please contact Sally Allum, Director of Nursing Professional and Systems Development, SE Region on 07545 934504 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: these opportunities are open to secondees on secondment into NHSE & NHS Improvement from an external organisation.