- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Skipton House, London
- £44,606 - £50,819 per annum
- 16/09/2019 23:59
NHS England and NHS Improvement came together on 1 April 2019 as a new single organisation. The NHS Long Term Plan focuses on delivering integrated care to patients at the local level and we can best support the NHS to deliver this as a single integrated organisation.
Our new operating model represents a strong shift to regional delivery supported by expert corporate teams. Local health systems are supported by our integrated regional teams who play a major leadership role in the geographies they manage.
We are jointly committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
The quality of mental health services and the extent to which they are meeting the needs of patients and local populations needs to be demonstrated rapidly. As such, a cross-ALB programme was set-up in 2017 to improve the quality of mental health data. This programme of work seeks to improve the coverage, consistency, breadth and overall quality of mental health data. The programme’s main aim is to improve the quality of data in the Mental Health Services Data Set (MHSDS) with the aim of creating one version of the truth for mental health.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to coordinate and lead the delivery of the data quality programme. The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a delivery or performance management role with a proven track record of successful implementation, working with a range of stakeholders to achieve results. Although this role is focused on data and improving data quality, technical data and/or statistics skills are not essential.
The senior project manager will lead the cross-ALB data quality improvement programme and responsibilities will include:
· delivery and oversight of the cross-ALB data quality improvement programme.
· delivery and oversight of NHS England’s mental health data quality commitments.
· setting priorities and giving direction to regional data quality leads.
· working with the infrastructure team to identify cross-cutting opportunities and to support wider data objectives across the mental health data programme
· proactively working with colleagues across the mental health policy team and with ALBs to identify opportunities to use data and support data quality improvement.
· building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders and using influencing and negotiating skills to ensure that mental health data and data quality improvement is embedded and prioritised.
As a Senior Project Manager, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across the mental health policy team to lead the work of the cross-ALB data quality improvement programme.
The role supports the business in driving transformation as well as value for money in planning, commissioning and service. The role is designed to build a combination of subject matter expertise and technical skills to develop a strong service delivery.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Please contact Margaret Oates on Margaret.firstname.lastname@example.org.