- NHS AfC: Band 8b
- Fixed Term Contract until 30th September 2019
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- £52,306 - £60,983 per annum
- 23/08/2019 23:59
NHS England and NHS Improvement came together on 1 April 2019 as a new single organisation. The NHS Long Term Plan focuses on delivering integrated care to patients at the local level and we can best support the NHS to deliver this as a single integrated organisation.
Our new operating model represents a strong shift to regional delivery supported by expert corporate teams. Local health systems are supported by our integrated regional teams who play a major leadership role in the geographies they manage.
We are jointly committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
This is an exciting new opportunity to join the Elective Care Transformation team within Operations and Delivery department. The post holder will be involved in the delivery of the Elective Care Transformation's agenda to redesign services and GP referral models and to help the NHS manage the increasing demand for elective care.
As a Senior Policy & Implementation Manager, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across the Elective Care Programme to lead the delivery of programmes and projects focussed on managing elective care demand.
The post holder will support the delivery of an efficient, effective and high quality professional and well-co-ordinated service capable of meeting all statutory, regulatory and NHS requirements ensuring alignment with the activity of the organisation.
The post holders keys responsibilities are:
- To provide strong support to regional teams in the delivery of national enabling projects to drive transformational change.
- To utilise evidence and research based case studies, policies and strategies to own and deliver bespoke demand management projects.
- To work as part of the Elective Care Transformation Team to develop and implement incentives and levers to drive transformational change
- To line manage the Policy & Implementation Officers.
- To work agilely to deliver and adapt work priorities across a priority and fluid agenda.
- Manage local business returns, including highlight reporting, planning and workforce returns.
- To provide professional expertise to the outcome of the business processes for the Department or Directorate.
- To define current processes, facilitate discussions and advise colleagues as to how best practice might be adopted in the definition of future processes, document those processes as they are agreed and oversee their delivery.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact