- This post is only open to internal applicants.
- Executives / VSM: Executives / VSM
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Skipton House / Quarry House
- London / Leeds
- £90,900 - £113,625 per annum
- 19/03/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the National Health Service (NHS) in England. We set the priorities and direction of the NHS and encourage and inform the national debate to improve health and care.
We want everyone to have greater control of their health and their wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for spending this money effectively for patients and efficiently for the tax payer. A lot of the work we do involves the commissioning of health care services in England. We commission the contracts for GPs, pharmacists, and dentists and we support local health services that are led by groups of GPs called Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). CCGs plan and pay for local services such as hospitals and ambulance services.
We have devised a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View. And now, with our partners, we are delivering that vision. This vision shows that we are getting serious about prevention, identifying and delivering improvements in health care, redesigning the NHS so it continues to meet the needs of patients, ensuring the NHS is financially sustainable and engaging the public in this whole process.
We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations.
Please note, if the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area Supplement. If this post is an Executive or Senior Manager (ESM) role or Medical Leader position this supplement is not applicable.
As Director of Operational Information for Commissioning, the post holder will work with NHS England National and Regional Directors, CSUs, CCGs and NHS Improvement to ensure existing and future requirements for consistent, accurate, complete and timely data/information and analysis for commissioning, performance monitoring and corporate reporting are identified and can be met. This will include utilising appropriate data-flows, data collections, data processing storage and linkages, analysis and interpretation, through to clear user-friendly data presentation, publication and reporting.
- The post holder will work closely with other data collectors/processors across the system, including the Department of Health, Public Health England, the Health and Social Care Information Centre, NHS Improvement and with Local Authorities in relation to social care.
- Development of a consistent, timely, integrated reports on activity, finance, performance, quality and outcomes at appropriate levels of granularity to meet the wide variety of needs of the NHS England Board, the Chair and Chief Executive, National and Regional Directors, and local NHS managers.
- The utilisation of effective and non-duplicative matrix working both within OIC, across NHS England and the wider health system to ensure the delivery of analysis and reports covering the following areas:
- Performance Reporting;
- Urgent and Emergency Care;
- Elective Care;
- CCG Assessment and Scorecards;
- Activity modelling and reporting;
- Mental Health;
- Primary Care;
- Public Health; and
- Armed Forces and Health Justice.
- To develop systems and tools to make granular reports and the underlying data readily accessible to NHS England and other users as required.
- To inform the development of a Commissioning Information Strategy. Such a strategy will include defining an optimal set of operational data and information flows for the commissioning system.
- To develop strong networks with key internal and external stakeholders and partners to ensure alignment and co-ordination of work and to maximise impact.
- To provide excellent professional leadership to staff and to ensure that they have opportunities for career and professional development.
- To make a personal contribution to NHS England as a very senior manager and information expert, with a particular focus on cross-cutting and strategic issues facing the health and care system.
• To work in partnership with NHS England’s Chief Analyst to ensure in line with NHS England’s business plan priorities, there is an optimal allocation of analysis and analysts throughout NHS England
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further details please contact: Simon Weldon, Director of Operations & Delivery, firstname.lastname@example.org.