- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Fixed Term until March or July 2019
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Skipton House or Quarry House
- London or Leeds
- £40,428 - £48,514 per annum
- 29/05/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care.
We want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, commissioning the contracts for GPs, pharmacists, and dentists and we support local health services that are led by groups of GPs called Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View. This vision shows that we are getting serious about prevention, identifying and delivering improvements in health care, redesigning the NHS so it continues to meet the needs of patients, ensuring the NHS is financially sustainable and engaging the public in this whole process.
We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations.
Please note, if the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area Supplement. If this post is an Executive or Senior Manager (ESM) role or Medical Leader position this supplement is not applicable. If you are taking up this post on a part time basis, your salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
This is an exciting time to join the team. Following a recent re-organisation the Strategy Team has brought in NHS England’s Policy Support Unit function and, as a result, is now delivering a mix of long term strategy and short term consultancy style pieces of work: offering post holders challenge, stretch, and variety.
Working closely with colleagues across NHS England and other stakeholders Strategy Advisors will be involved in driving forward specific programme workstreams. There are a number of positions available in the team, across a range of projects and all will include:
- Delivering projects using core Strategy Team skills, including analytical and issue based problem solving, and qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Project managing agreed Strategy Team projects, including management of interdependencies within NHS England and with other NHS national bodies.
- Taking ownership of specific project workstreams, seeing them through from start to end including problem-definition, analysis and communicating findings.
- Communicating effectively with other team members, other teams and Directorates and with external bodies.
- Managing stakeholder relationships and communications related to Strategy Team projects.
- Arranging workshops and meetings, and working in group situations to solve problems and build buy-in to solutions.
- Helping to manage and mentor Strategy Analysts.
- Horizon scanning for the identification of trends and innovations in health and healthcare
- Working flexibly across the Strategy Team portfolio.
The interview process for these roles may be two staged.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Patricia Yhap on email@example.com