- NHS AfC: Band 8d
- Fixed Term - 31st March 2019
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Skipton House, Quarry House
- London, Leeds
- £70,206 - £85,333 per annum
- 22/07/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
As the Patient Online Services product manager, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service to primary care patients across England to enable people to manage their health and care.
The POL product manager will be accountable for the integration and development of Patient Online services into a broad integrated online health and care service through the NHS app and NHS website.
Since this is a new product manager role, the individual will set up processes to drive effective oversight and product management, modelling best practice product management.
- Develop the vision for the Patient Online product and engage stakeholders in the development of that vision over time
- Keep people informed about the development of POL and promote uptake
- Represent users throughout the development and delivery process and use their feedback to inform continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain effective business processes and participate in the governance of the service, including acting as a point of escalation for the primary care implementation team
- Communicate the benefits and performance of their service
- Ultimately responsible for the successful operation and continuous improvement of the service
- Maintain oversight of POL services provided by the range of suppliers (including scope, quality) and ensure these are effectively communicated to stakeholders
- Give strategic direction to suppliers from NHSE to reflect customer and system needs, working in partnership with NHSD leads for primary care supplier contracting and management
- Lead relationships with key internal and external stakeholders for POL services
- Liaise with other programmes to integrate and set direction as required by digital strategy
- Lead transition to integration with the NHS App, inputting to the development of an integrated user experience that increases user demand and satisfaction
- Drive the development of enabling requirements within primary care to make the product utility and range of services
- Track reporting and drive insight to product development and supplier management
The Empower the Person team is responsible for patient facing digital transformation programmes, including NHS.UK, NHS Online, Health Apps Assessment and Wearables, WiFi, Citizen identity, Personal Health Records and Widening Digital Participation. Led by NHS England’s Chief Digital Officer, the team drive policies and initiatives necessary to define and commission these transformational patient facing digital services.
The aims of the team are to improve health outcomes, increase efficiency and importantly, improve patient experience. Digital transformation of health and care will help achieve the objectives set out in the NHS Five Year Forward View, approved by the Secretary of State for Health. Our strategic goals are to empower people to navigate and manage their health and care using technology to learn and take more control, whilst creating a universally personal digital health care experience for citizens. We work across multidisciplinary programmes, government and in partnership with clinicians to deliver health outcomes enabled by relevant, connected and trusted digital services.
The post is Fixed Term until 31st March 2019 with the possibility of extending the role beyond this period.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).