- Strategy and Innovation
- NHS AfC: Band 8b
- Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2019
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Quarry House
- London / Leeds
- £49,242 - £59,964 per annum
- Today at 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care. We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations and want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, and we support local health services that are led by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View.
If the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area supplement. This supplement is not applicable to Executive or Senior Manager or Medical Leader positions. For positions offered on a part time basis, salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
The Innovation, Research and Life Sciences Group (IRLS Group) is a friendly and collaborative team within the Strategy and Innovation Directorate. We are responsible for NHS England's work to:
- support the adoption and uptake of innovative technologies
- encourage and enable effective and efficient research
- contribute to the implementation of the Life Sciences Industrial Strategy and Accelerated Access Process.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as a Senior Analytical Manager on a fixed term contract until the end of March 2019, initially. This will be a multi-faceted role supporting the performance and evaluation function within the IRLS Group. Key responsibilities include:
- developing measures for on-going monitoring of delivery and measurement of impact
- providing information and analyses required for decision making
- providing support and ad hoc analytical assistance
- developing and maintaining effective monitoring processes and systems
- working closely with stakeholders to co-ordinate and implement collection of quality data/information in a timely manner
- creating attractive, innovative and compelling ways of presenting information.
The role would suit someone who:
- has a good understanding of health economics (specifically ROI measurement), as well as the routine use of health information to systematically monitor and evaluate healthcare programmes.
- is an outstanding communicator
- is highly proficient in MS Excel
- is practical, with good project management skills and the ability to ensure that solutions can be implemented
- can rapidly understand a broad range of complex information and move between details and the bigger picture
- can work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
The Innovation, Research and Life Sciences Group is a team split over two main locations and as such this post is available to work from either of our offices: Skipton House, in the Elephant and Castle area of London; or Quarry House, in Leeds. Occasional travel may be required.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact