- London (flexible )
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- London (can be flexible)
- London, Leicester- flexible base
- £37,570 - £43,772 per annum
- 18/08/2019 23:59
NHS England and NHS Improvement came together on 1 April 2019 as a new single organisation. The NHS Long Term Plan focuses on delivering integrated care to patients at the local level and we can best support the NHS to deliver this as a single integrated organisation.
Our new operating model represents a strong shift to regional delivery supported by expert corporate teams. Local health systems are supported by our integrated regional teams who play a major leadership role in the geographies they manage.
We are jointly committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
The Clinical Effectiveness Team within the Specialised Commissioning Directorate is looking for an experienced, resourceful and motivated individual to join the team.
The corporate Specialised Commissioning (clinical) team coordinates national clinical leadership and engagement in the direct commissioning of prescribed specialised services including:
- Supporting the Programme of Care infrastructure including acute services based Programme of Care Boards
- Delivering an annual work programme of clinical commissioning policies (determining eligibility for NHS funded specialised care) and service specifications (setting standards for commissioning providers).
- Supporting over 40 service/speciality based Clinical Reference Groups (CRGs) to deliver the agreed annual work programme which, in addition to policies and specifications, includes national service reviews, service (re) procurement, commissioning for value and currency and tariff development.
- Coordinating the submission of proposals for consideration as either Service Developments requiring in-year funding decision and implementation or for investment via the bi-annual prioritisation process.
- Commissioning clinical evidence reviews to support commissioning decisions about treatments and the provisions of clinically and cost-effective care.
- Identifying research priorities for specialised care to inform the priorities in our work with partner organisations.
- Running the national evaluative commissioning programme, gathering new data, on potentially promising NHS treatments for the future, where further clinical trial based data is unlikely to be forthcoming.
As a Business Manager, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting colleagues across the Specialised Commissioning team to provide a focused resource for the effective running of the Clinical Priorities Advisory Group, Specialised Services Clinical Panel and associated functions.
The post holder will support the Head of Clinical Effectiveness and their team to ensure that their work stream of programmes are planned and managed effectively and take the lead in assisting in their successful delivery. For further details please refer to the job description.
This is a role with a broad and challenging remit and the post holder should be comfortable working across teams and using their own initiative to drive forward numerous pieces of work at any one time.
The successful candidate will have highly developed communication skills, be able to work with the minimum of supervision and have project management skills. They will have the confidence to liaise effectively and to develop excellent working relationships with a wide range of individuals, partners and organisations as well as strong people management skills.
The post-holder will carry out a full range of business management duties, including developing and owning programme business plans, financial plans, delivery plans, procurement plans and performance monitoring.
This is a national role, but the post holder can be based from any of the NHSE offices (London, Leicester- base can be flexible), please note extensive travel would be required in this role.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact