- NHS England
- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Fixed Term / Secondment until 31st May 2019
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Preston Business Centre
- £40,428 - £48,514 per annum
- 03/06/2018 23:59
NHS England leads the NHS in England, setting the priorities and direction of the NHS and informing the national debate to improve health and care.
We want everyone to have greater control of their health and wellbeing, and to be supported to live longer, healthier lives by high quality health and care services that are compassionate, inclusive and constantly-improving.
NHS England shares out more than £100 billion in funds and holds organisations to account for their spending. Our work involves the commissioning of health care services in England, commissioning the contracts for GPs, pharmacists, and dentists and we support local health services that are led by groups of GPs called Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). We have devised and are delivering a strategic vision for the NHS, along with our partners in health, called the Five Year Forward View. This vision shows that we are getting serious about prevention, identifying and delivering improvements in health care, redesigning the NHS so it continues to meet the needs of patients, ensuring the NHS is financially sustainable and engaging the public in this whole process.
We strongly believe in health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations.
Please note, if the advertised role is based in London on an Agenda for Change Pay Band, it will attract a High Cost Area Supplement. If this post is an Executive or Senior Manager (ESM) role or Medical Leader position this supplement is not applicable. If you are taking up this post on a part time basis, your salary and any allowances will be adjusted pro rata.
We will not accept applications for this position by CV or via recruitment agencies.
The NHSBSA is responsible for the processing of your application; a privacy notice is attached to advise you on how we will process your personal data.
Fixed Term Contract to 31 May 2019
We’re looking for a Programme Manager to work as part of our Medical Directorate delivering statutory functions for controlled drugs, medical appraisal, medical revalidation and the management of professional performance for independent contractors.
You’ll work across the whole of the Medical team with a particular emphasis on supporting the Controlled Drugs Accountable Officer (CDAO) in delivering our statutory functions under The Controlled Drugs (Supervision of Management and Use) Regulations, 2013.
As a Programme Manager, you’ll be part of our dynamic team delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across the Medical Directorate and you’ll work across the whole team supporting our on-going improvement processes.
In particular you will
- Support the team to ensure that the Medical Directorate’s portfolio of responsibilities is planned, managed and delivered effectively. This includes the areas of
- Controlled Drugs
- Professional performance of independent contractors
- Medical appraisal
- Medical revalidation
- Mental health
- Support and inform the targeting of resources, monitoring, implementation and evaluation of the tasks / projects by providing high quality support including complex information and analysis, communications and stakeholder management.
- Ensure accurate and open communication and co-ordination with a range of organisations and individuals, researching and drafting correspondence and papers and ensuring the management of specific tasks.
- Lead on reporting and analysis across a range of specialties, functions and projects.
- Be a key member of the team as well as supporting effective communication and stakeholder management, both internally and externally.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Interviews are planned for Monday 18 June 2018 at Preston Business Centre, Preston PR2 8DY.
Before applying we’d strongly encourage you to arrange a phone call or visit to learn more about what this exciting role involves.
NHS England aims to be a modern and equitable employer. We recognise and encourage the potential of a diverse workforce, positively welcome all applications, and appoint on merit.